[McIDAS #CXJ-584047]: Plotting GLM data with McIDAS

Hi Greg,

er:
> I noticed there are new commands (GLMDISP and GLMLIST) in McIDAS
> for plotting lightning data.

Yup.  I don't have much experience with them... yet.

re:
> Do you have any special instructions for
> setting up GLM data in ADDE or is it pretty much the same as other ADDE
> datasets? I don't have a lot of experience on ADDE setup.

The POINT dataset namings convention that I am using on our motherlode class
servers are:

RTGOESR/GLMEVENT
RTGOESR/GLMGROUP
RTGOESR/GLMFLASH

The DSSERVE commands that would create these datasets on your GRB ingest
machine,
typhoon.eol.ucar.edu are:

DSSERVE ADD RTGOESR/GLMEVENT GLMN TYPE=POINT
INFO=/home/mcidas/data/GLM_EVENT.cfg
DIRFILE=/data/output/GRB-R/OR_GLM-L2-LCFA*.nc "GOES-R Geostationary Lightning
Mapper Events
DSSERVE ADD RTGOESR/GLMFLASH GLMN TYPE=POINT
INFO=/home/mcidas/data/GLM_FLASH.cfg
DIRFILE=/data/output/GRB-R/OR_GLM-L2-LCFA*.nc "GOES-R Geostationary Lightning
Mapper Flashes
DSSERVE ADD RTGOESR/GLMGROUP GLMN TYPE=POINT
INFO=/home/mcidas/data/GLM_GROUP.cfg
DIRFILE=/data/output/GRB-R/OR_GLM-L2-LCFA*.nc "GOES-R Geostationary Lightning
Mapper Groups

I just added these dataset definitions on typhoon.  The entries in the ADDE
dataset definition
file, /home/mcidas/workdata/RESOLV.SRV, look like:

N1=RTGOESR,N2=GLMEVENT,TYPE=POINT,RT=N,K=GLMN,R1=1,R2=999999,MASK=/data/output/GRB-R/OR_GLM-L2-LCFA*.nc,Q=/home/mcidas/data/GLM_EVENT.cfg,C=GOES-R
 Geostationary Lightning Mapper Events,
N1=RTGOESR,N2=GLMFLASH,TYPE=POINT,RT=N,K=GLMN,R1=1,R2=999999,MASK=/data/output/GRB-R/OR_GLM-L2-LCFA*.nc,Q=/home/mcidas/data/GLM_FLASH.cfg,C=GOES-R
 Geostationary Lightning Mapper Flashes,
N1=RTGOESR,N2=GLMGROUP,TYPE=POINT,RT=N,K=GLMN,R1=1,R2=999999,MASK=/data/output/GRB-R/OR_GLM-L2-LCFA*.nc,Q=/home/mcidas/data/GLM_GROUP.cfg,C=GOES-R
 Geostationary Lightning Mapper Groups,

Comment:

I think you'll have to play around with the GLM commands to get a feel for how
they
work.

Aside:

I really need to set aside some time to figure these out!  It shouldn't be
too hard.  A few Unidata McIDAS-X sites have done the same with no help
from me.

re:
> Thanks,

No worries.