[McIDAS #FFQ-161405]: McIDAS-X IMGDISP Failing

Hi Justin,

re:
> I'm still new to using McIDAS-X and am having some issues with loading
> images from a local data source.
>
> I am trying to get GOES-16 data to load different images and having the
> IMGDISP failed error.

OK.  I should be able to help.

re:
> I am using downloaded data from the CLASS system and have gotten the .nc
> files into my mcidas data folder: ie ~/mcidas/data/Harvey_GOES16. I then
> did a DSSERVE ADD to that file path.

The core McIDAS ADDE server for ABI imagery requires that the data files
being served follow a very specific naming convention.  Here is the snippit
from the DSSERVE HELP that references this requirement:

*****************  GOES-R Series netCDF Dataset Remarks  *****************
   You can access GOES-R Series netCDF format files with the IMG* commands
   by using DSSERVE to assign a dataset name to the files. When doing so,
   specify "ABIN" in the 'format' parameter, TYPE=IMAGE, and the directory
   and file masks in the DIRFILE keyword. The files must be mission-standard
   Level 1b files in netCDF-4 format, like those from NOAA CLASS or from
   the GRB data stream after they've been decoded with CSPP Geo or other
   software. The names of files should look similar to this:
OR_ABI-L1b-RadC-M4C16_G16_s20151702215532_e20151702220362_c20151702220394.nc.

So, my first question is how are the images that you downloaded from
CLASS named?  The easiest way to answer this is to send the output
from:

ls -alt ~/mcidas/data/Harvey_GOES16

re:
> When I go to display the images, that's when I get the IMGDISP failed
> message. When I do an IMGLIST for one file the metadata is there, a
> screenshot is attached.

Hmm... the fact that you got an IMGLIST listing suggests that your
files are named correctly, otherwise the IMGLIST listing shouldn't work.

re:
> If you could please take a look and see if there are any obvious mistakes
> that would help a lot.

Can you send me the output of:

DSSERVE LIST GOES_R

Also, please try the IMGDISP again, but this time add the DEV=CCC keyword:

IMGDISP GOES_R/HARV13 MAG=-16 BAND=13 DEV=CCC

The other thing that will undoubtedly be helpful to me is if you made
at least one of the images you are working with available so I can
test it in my development environment.  The BAND 13 image you included
the listing for in the PNG screenshot that you attached would be ideal.

Ticket ID: FFQ-161405
Department: Support McIDAS