[McIDAS #DZN-645110]: McIDAS, CentOS, solid-state drive and Windows 10

Hi Kwan,

re:
> Do we have to worry about the lifespan of a SSD like we have for the
> traditional HD?

Yes.  SSDs have a limited (albeit large) number of disk writes.  One
can prolong the lifetime of an SSD by not filling it up.  The reason
that this works is the empty space can be used in replacement for
cells whose maximum number of writes has been exceeded.  There are
a number of YouTube videos about this topic.

re:
> Also, did you use Clonezilla or ddresue to clone your drive?

I used Clonezilla mainly because we already had it on a CD, and because
I used it to setup a lab for use during a data workshop that I organized
at the Universidade de Sao Paulo several years ago.

Ticket ID: DZN-645110
Department: Support McIDAS