[McIDAS #XGH-901821]: Default shell in mcenv running within a bash shell script

Hi Kwan,

re:
> I have been using mainly bash as the shell for writing shell scripts.  If I
> run mcenv in the bash scripts, would bash the default shell inside the
> mcenv routine?

I think so.

re:
> It appears that csh is the default?

You should test this by running 'mcenv' from the command line
and then run 'echo $SHELL'.

re:
> i.e. Can I run shell commands inside mcenv in a shell script?

You should be able to.  Whether or not all of the environment
variables defined outside of the 'mcenv' session are still
defined the way they were is in question.  Like checking which
shell is running ('echo $SHELL'), these can/should be checked
to make sure that the environment is setup like you want.

Ticket ID: XGH-901821
Department: Support McIDAS