[McIDAS #NDZ-488016]: Notice: VENDOR compiler selection (McIDAS Installation on LAB machine)

Hi Sohail,

re:
> I was trying to install the McIDAS on lab ubuntu machine. I follow all the
> steps of installation as I did on my local machine, but it still have a
> problem on a LAB machine. Here are the attached files and makelog file. At
> the end, it looks all well but the mcidas command still not working.
>
> Note: I changed the environment variable from VENDOR=-vendor to -gfortran
> but the same problem
>

> Please guide me what could be failure reason.

It appears that the build stopped 4 or 5 times due to some package being
missing (e.g., X development libraries, curses development libraries, etc.),
but that you installed the missing package and resumed.  The end that
I see in the makelog indicates that the build finally ended correctly.
At this point, you need to install the newly built executables:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd mcidas2016/src
make install.mcxall

By the way, there is a new distribution of Unidata McIDAS-X, v2017, available
in the Downloads area of the Unidata web site.  I recommend that you build and
install the new version.  If you do, you should:

- download the new distribution compressed tar file and unpacking script
  to the HOME directory of the user 'mcidas'

  mcunpack
  mcidasx2017.tar.gz

- uninstall the previous version of McIDAS-X if one is installed:

  cd ~mcidas/mcidas2016/src
  make uninstall.all
  make clobber

- build the new distribution