[McIDAS #JGN-249914]: IMGMAKE

Hi Mike,

re: change ABIS to SCMI for NPGOESR definitions in RESOLV.SRV

> THAT WAS IT!  AND... because RESOLV.SRV was in the mcidas/workdata
> directory, it was retained through my simple "clean" install since I
> didn't touch that.  I edit it on the dev server, success.  I edit it
> on my operational server, success!

Excellent!  And, Phew :-)

And, one wants RESOLV.SRV to reside in a directory where it will not be
affected by new installs.  I think of locating RESOLV.SRV in ~mcidas/workdata
the same way as locating the LDM configuration script (ldmd.conf) and
pattern-action files in the ~ldm/etc directory.

re:
> Man, I knew I was missing something.  I forgot I had changed those
> entries, I'm going through old emails trying to find clues from
> abisaget and such.  But the kicker, I had only changed ABIS -> SCMI
> for a temp feed that pointed to a static directory during the
> satellite drift.  So now that I had live data again, I stopped using
> that feed and went back to one that still had ABIS as the entry.
> UUUGH!

Believe me when I tell you that I have had a couple of UUUGH/ARGH!##@$ moments
this week :-)

re:
> Okay, okay... okay.  I do believe I'm back in business.  This whole
> thing with RESOLV.SRV explains everything, and now that I've addressed
> that I see good results for tests I run (IMGCOPY included).  Given
> that, I'll start batch processing here shortly and should be able to
> tell fairly quickly if we're all good across the board, but I'll
> assume we are for now.

Sounds good!

re:
> Sorry for taking you on a bit of a red herring expedition, and once
> again thank you so much for all your help!

What, me worry?  (Alfred E Newman) :-)

Ticket ID: JGN-249914
Department: Support McIDAS