[McIDAS #VXZ-637816]: Unidata McIDAS v2017/v2017a now available

Hi Chris,

re:
> Thanks Tom!

No worries.

re:
> I have one last class to compile final grades for, and then I can
> move back to the fun stuff!

I hear you! :-)

re:
> I have a half written message somewhere in my drafts folder.

I'll be here in case you need some advice/help...

re:
> I have determined that the Python stitching code won't work as is
> for us.  When I feed the NOAAPort data to my test LDM, then it
> still has the byte(s) that need to be removed.

Are you referring to Ryan May's ldm-alchemy Python script?  If yes,
we are running this here with no need to do anything else.

Aside: Ryan pushed a new update to ldm-alchemy up to GitHub yesterday.

re:
> I can either add the step to remove this to the stitching script, or
> I can remove the bytes and re-insert the tiles into the LDM to then stitch.

I believe that restitch.py does all of the work that is needed.  Again,
we and at least one other site (College of DuPage) are running Ryan's
restitch procedure successfully, and I am serving the data via ADDE
using the new servers I wrote and put in the v2017/v2017a Unidata
release.

re:
> I am trying to learn Python as I go, so if the first option is "easy"
> I would appreciate some help tweaking the code.  (I have the other
> Python script that removes this block from the Alchemy site if it
> is as simple as a call to it.)

I am sure that Ryan can help you out.  Please send a support email to:

address@hidden

re:
> If the two step solution is preferred, could you help with a sample
> pqinsert line, so that I can give the stitching script what it needs?

I would really like to understand why you are unable to use Ryan's
restitch.py script directly!

re:
> Looking forward to getting this working!

Fred sent in a nice note about the imagery that is being posted on the
ERAU web site.  I asked Fred what I will now ask you:

- are you willing/wanting to publicize your website so that all can
  benefit?

Ticket ID: VXZ-637816
Department: Support McIDAS