[McIDAS #ZDH-931339]: Displaying of multi-bands images in McIDAS-X environment.

Hi Sohail,

re:
> Currently, we are displaying a single band image in the McIDAS-X
> environment.

That is correct, you can only display one band at a time.

re:
> 1. Is there any way to display more than one band of images together?
>
> For example in GINIEAST group I display images of IR, they are mostly
> of BAND=4,

The GINIEAST dataset elements are all single banded (which means one
band per image).  The organization of GINIEAST (e.g., GE1KVIS, etc.)
reflects the single banded nature of the images in the dataset.

re:
> 2. How can I display a multispectral/hyperspectral color image in McIDAS-X?

You can only display one band at a time.  You can combine the images in
multiple bands into a display, however.  For instance, if you have three
different bands that all share the exact same navigation and size, then
you can display each band in separate McIDAS-X frames, and then use
the COMBINE command to create a three color composite.

The other thing that can be done is to use the IMGOPER command to combine
images of different bands into a product, and then display the result
using IMGDISP.

NOTE: If you access an ADDE dataset that has multiple bands for an image,
you will need to use the BAND= keyword of IMGDISP to select the band
to display.

re:
> Please give your kind suggestion and guidance.

Check out the HELP for the COMBINE and IMGOPER commands for more information.

Ticket ID: ZDH-931339
Department: Support McIDAS