[McIDAS #EDP-121151]: McIDAS-X ADT Cyclone Intensity Calculation for Images outside ADDE servers

Hi Sohail,

re:
> I tried to create a local dataset using DSSERVE command and add some files.
> Here you see the screenshot.
> MYDATA/TEST-IMAGES

The correct invocation for DSINFO is shown in the built-in HELP for DSSERVE:

HELP DSINFO
DSINFO -- Lists ADDE datasets on local and remote servers
   DSINFO type group
Parameters:
   type  | data type; valid types are GRID, IMAGE, NAV, POINT, TEXT,
           or ALL (def=ALL)
   group | group name (def=all groups)

Your invocation, DSINFO IMAGE MYDATA/TEST-IMAGES is of the form:

DSINFO type group/descriptor

It should be:

DSINFO IMAGE MYDATA

re:
> Here is the directory path where my AREA files are listing. I copied the
> AREA files from geodata folder that is already present in the mcidas
> directory.
> Here is the screenshot.

Your DSSERVE invocation:

DSSERVE ADD MYDATA/TEST-IMAGES TYPE=IMAGE AREA 991 995
DIRFILE='/home/mcidas/workdata/testdata/AREA000*'

is incorrect since it includes a KEYWORD= clause before the end of all
positional parameters.

All McIDAS commands follow the formalism:

commandname <0 or more positional parameters> <0 or more keywords> <"quote text>
Your DSSERVE invocation should, therefore, be:

DSSERVE ADD MYDATA/TEST-IMAGES AREA 991 995 TYPE=IMAGE
DIRFILE='/home/mcidas/workdata/testdata/AREA000*'

DSSERVE                                           - command name
ADD                                               - first positional parameter
MYDATA/TEST-IMAGES                                - second positional parameter
AREA                                              - third positional parameter
991                                               - fourth positional parameter
995                                               - fifth positional parameter
TYPE=IMAGE                                        - first keyword clause
DIRFILE='/home/mcidas/workdata/testdata/AREA000*' - second keyword clause

NOTE:

- the ordering of positional parameters on the command line is important

- keyword clauses can be specified in any order, but they must be after
  all positional parameters

- the quote field is always the last part of a command line, and it starts
  with the '"' (shifted quote), but does _not_ end with a '"' (shifted quote)

re:
> But when I tried to *IMGLIST* the data or *DSINFO* the data set. It
> produces an error.
>
> *IMGLIST: ADIRSERV failed on exec of adir *

I am a bit surprised by the text listed in the error message, but I
am not surprised that the invocation failed since the DSSERVE invocation
syntax was incorrect.

re:
> you can see the error in the above screen shot.
>
> 1. Can you please help why this error occurs and how to get rid of this.

Please see my comments above.

re:
> Here are the attached AREA files I am trying to test and load it from the
> local machine.

There were no attached AREA files, but I don't need them to diagnose the
problems you encountered.

re:
> 2. Is my DIRFILE path is correct?

Yes.

re:
> and data will be loaded into dataset correctly?

Yes, but only after you rerun DSSERVE with the correct syntax.

Ticket ID: EDP-121151
Department: Support McIDAS