[McIDAS #YGF-361048]: GOES R calibration

Hi Ioan,

re: test turning server tracing on so I can see what is/is not going on

> That is a great idea. I actually wanted to ask you if that is possible.

Yup.  It is the only way to debug a server transaction, so it is an important
tool.  Typically, of course, it is used by the ADDE server administrator
since the end-user has no access to the log file created.

re:
> This is the request  made right now a couple of times:
>
> AGET RTGOESR FD 0 AC 5424 5424 X 10848 10848  BAND=3 DAY=2017-11-22 LMAG=1
> EMAG=1 TIME=10:45:32 10:45:32 I UNIT=RAW TRACE=1 VERSION=1 AUX=YES SPAC=X

Right off the bat, I see one thing that jumps out at me, but this may
be nothing.  Here is what the server log file says is the request:

ABINAGET: |RTGOESR FD 0 AC 5424 5424 X 10848 10848  BAND=3 DAY=2017-11-22
LMAG=1 EMAG=1 TIME=10:45:32 10:45:32 I UNIT=RAW TRACE=1 V
MASK='/data/ldm/pub/native/satellite/GOES/GRB16/ABI/FullDisk/Channel*/current/OR_ABI-L1b-RadF-M?C*.nc'
 MNMXRANGE= 1 999999|

Everything looks OK EXCEPT the 'TRACE=1 V'.  I'll have to dig into the
McIDAS-X code (abinaget.cp) to see why the version specifier is not being
written out.  It may be that the string is longer than the character array
allows, so it could be a bug.

The other weird thing, and this probably goes to the heart of the problem
is how the transaction ends in the log file:

KBXABIN   1:VALUE=           0
KBXABIN   1:VALUE=           0
KBXABIN   1:VALUE=           0
ABINAGET     found_n_bands=1

There should be lots more past this point (I think), so this may well give
me a clue of where to start looking.

The other thing that may be different between your Python and McIDAS-V
tests is the Python test is asking for the RAW values.  Did you request
RAW in your McIDAS-V test?

Ticket ID: YGF-361048
Department: Support McIDAS