[McIDAS #FZE-547264]: METAR decoder

Hi Kwan,

re:
> So I am reading this from the McIDAS-XCD page, "All of the operational
> McIDAS-XCD client commands for accessing conventional data have been
> removed from the McIDAS-XCD package. These commands have been replaced with
> ADDE (Abstract Data Distribution Environment) commands distributed with
> McIDAS-X. See the McIDAS User's Guide
> <https://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/doc/users_guide.html> for more
> information."  What does that mean in terms of manually running a METAR
> decoding command?
>
> https://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/doc/xcd_guide/2016.2/intro-1.html

Why are you reading SSEC's documentation when you are using Unidata
McIDAS-X/-XCD?

Comment:

- the snippit you included from an SSEC page is talking about _accessing_
  data that has been decoded into McIDAS formats, _not_ about the decoding
  of the data

  Accessing data in McIDAS is via ADDE.  Decoding data in McIDAS is done using
  the McIDAS-XCD package.  Unidata McIDAS contains the XCD package; the SSEC
  distribution does not as it is a separate package in SSEC McIDAS.

Ticket ID: FZE-547264
Department: Support McIDAS