[McIDAS #GXX-371849]: self-contained McIDAS-X executable for OS X 12.x (Sierra)

HI Alexandre,

re:
> After signing into Unidata, I was wondering if you could inform me if:
>
> (1) you have a version of McIDAS-X running for Mac OS Sierra (12.x) ?

I believe that McIDAS-X will run under OSX Sierra 12.x.

re:
> (2) If yes, could you please point me where users can obtain a self
> contained pre-compiled executable [to avoid technical hurdles associated
> with compilation / path-libs set up etc]?

A couple of things here:

- we do not provide binary installations of McIDAS-X

- our license to redistribute McIDAS-X preclude us from making it
  available to non-.edu institutions (e.g., .gov, .mil, and private
  companies) ** unless the institution is a member in good standing
  of the McIDAS User's Group (MUG) at the University of Wisconsin
  (UW) Space Science and Engineering Center (SSEC)**.  I see from
  your signature block that you are an employee of NOAA, so this
  restriction applies to you.

  FYI: Being a MUG member in good standing would allow users to
  download/use either SSEC's or Unidata's distribution of McIDAS-X.

I truly am sorry that we are not able to grant you access to Unidata
McIDAS, but our hands are tied by our licensing agreement with UW/SSEC.

Ticket ID: GXX-371849