[McIDAS #JGN-249914]: IMGMAKE

Hi Mike,

re: slight change to internal calibration code that gets rid of
black pixels implemented on lead.unidata.ucar.edu.

> Confirmed, black pixels are gone.

Thanks for confirming this.  I did a number of IMGDISPs and didn't see
the problem, so I figured it was fixed, but your checking helps bolster
confidence :-)

re: expect an update with code fixes in the next few days

> Excellent!  The next couple of weeks I'm bouncing between a number of
> projects, so I might not be lightning fast to test and reply when the
> update is available.  Rest assured however, still just as excited.

No worries.  We are all really busy!

re:
> Side note: As I've been playing in the GUI a bit I had a chance to get
> some details on an issue we noticed a while ago.  Under certain
> circumstances, the CA/NV border is missing from the OUTVHPOL map file.
> It's not all the time though, it seems to only disappear when MAG is 2
> or greater.  MAP H and VH show the boarder, just seems to be OUTVHPOL.
> This isn't a new issue either, we noticed it at least in v2016 a
> while back and kept forgetting about it.  I'm attaching an example,
> and commands used to reproduce are below.
>
> IMGDISP NPGOESR/CONUSC09 MAG=2 LAT=40.2 120.7
> MAP SAT 14 FIL=OUTVHPOL

Complicating this is the observation that dropping of the border
between CA and NV is a function of the frame size used in the display.
For instance, I ran the test in my McIDAS-X session that has 40
frames sized 915 x 1235, and the map displays as it should.  Your
frame is probably a lot smaller, true?  Exactly why this is true
is unknown to me at the moment.

Ticket ID: JGN-249914
Department: Support McIDAS