[McIDAS #CYB-444461]: McIDAS-X installation on Ubuntu 16.04

Hi Sohail,

re what exactly is the package you are trying to build as part of Unidata
> McIDAS-X?

> Yes this package has to work with McIDAS-X package, its an ADT (Advance
> Dvrok Technique) package to calculate the intensity of cyclone and center
> of the cyclone.

MciDAS-X already includes Advanced DVORAK Technique code (files that
begin with 'odt' in the McIDAS source directory, ~mcidas/mcidas2016/src).
Is this other package supposed to replace what is already there?

re: where did you get the package?

> As i am working as my Supervisor Dr Chen, here in Donghua University as a
> PhD student, so i have been assigned task to integrate it with the
> McIDAS-X, so that's why i am asking for your help.

OK, but where did you/your advisor get the code you want to integrate
with McIDAS-X, and were there any instructions for how to integrate
the code with McIDAS-X?

re: were provided by whoever you got the package from on how to incorporate
> it into McIDAS-X?

> This package is got by my supervisor from the Unidata or ssec i think ( i
> am not 100% sure,i will ask her) for research purposes,

This package did not come from us (Unidata).  This is why I commented that
I have no experience with it.  Since I have never seen the code, I have
no idea if it is possible to integrate it with McIDAS-X.

re:
> As i am working
> under her supervision, so i am looking for the integration. That's why i
> ask for your help.

Can you provide the distribution tar file for the code you are trying to
integrate?  Without it, I will be of little to no help in _possibly_
integrating it in Unidata McIDAS-X.

Ticket ID: CYB-444461