[McIDAS #CYB-444461]: McIDAS-X installation on Ubuntu 16.04

Hi Sohail,

re:
> Thanks for the guidance :),

No worries.

re:
> i have followed the process you mentioned and
> everything gone fine up till now, now waiting for the next step to
> proceeds. Here are the attached results. Now whats the next step.

The screen shot you attached to this email indicates that the build
finished without errors, so the next step is to install the newly
built code.

Here is what I sent in my previous email:

> > - as soon as the build has completed successfully, you need to install
> >   Unidata McIDAS-X:
> >
> >   <still as 'mcidas' in the /home/mcidas/mcidas2016/src directory>
> >   make install
> >
> >   OR
> >
> >   make install.all

You would run 'make install' if you built using 'make' or 'make mcx'.
You would run 'make install.all' of you built using 'make all'.

After the installation step, and assuming that you put the needed
environment setting lines in your shell-specific environment file
(e.g., .cshrc for C shell or TCshell, .bash_profile for BASH, etc.),
you should be able to run McIDAS.

If you are looking for guidance on how to run McIDAS-X, then I would
direct you to work your way through the McIDAS training materials
that are available in the McIDAS section of our website:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Software -> McIDAS -> Documentation
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/#documentation

    Documentation
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/#documentation

      Learning Guide
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/mclearn/toc.html

      Tutorial from the most recent McIDAS-X training workshop
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/mcidas/current/workshop/toc.html

I recommend that you start with the tutorial from the most recent McIDAS-X
training workshop.

Ticket ID: CYB-444461
Department: Support McIDAS