[McIDAS #QXR-277727]: Re: McIDAS-X Price

Hi Muhammed,

re:
> I am a PhD student at Donghua University Shanghia,China. I am looking
> for McIDAS-X software for my research purposes. I will be really
> thankful if you kindly provide me this software along with its
> installation with ADT.

Given that you have already interacted with Becky Shaeffer of UW/SSEC,
and you have indicated that you want to use the software for your research,
we can provide access to our distribution of McIDAS-X, Unidata McIDAS-X.

The typical steps that a prospective McIDAS-X users needs to follow are:

- register with the Unidata website:

  Unidata HomePage
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

    https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/account/account.jsp

  I just checked our registration database, and it appears that you
  registered and/or updated your registration password on 20170420.

  Since you are already registered with our web site and meet the
  requirements for getting access to Unidata McIDAS-X, I have added
  you to our database of non-'.edu' users/sites that are allowed
  access to the software.

Comments:

- please try downloading Unidata McIDAS-X

  NB: you must login to our web site before you will be allowed access
  to the McIDAS-X download section of our website.

- while we provide McIDAS-X distributions for both Linux and Windows, we
  _strongly_ recommend that users run McIDAS-X under Linux

  The principle reason for this is that the Linux version of Unidata
  McIDAS-X contains bug fixes and additions/enhancements to the
  SSEC distribution.  The Windows distribution is the unaltered
  SSEC distribution, so it does not have our bug fixes and additions
  or enhancements.  The other reason for this is that we have great
  familiarity with the Linux distribution of McIDAS-X and almost no
  experience with the Windows version.  This means that our ability
  to help users trying to run McIDAS-X under windows is less than we
  would like.

Ticket ID: QXR-277727
Department: Support McIDAS