[McIDAS #UZG-611620]: Specifying RES keyword < 1km?

Hi Kwan,

I had most of a reply to your inquiry below prepared yesterday, but I got
distracted, forgot that I had it mostly written, and shutdown my web
browser before hitting the send button... groan!

re:
> The time has come when I want to specify a RES keyword that is less than
> 1km.  Is there a way we can do that?

I don't think so.  I base this comment on an what I found in the IMGREMAP
source file, imgremap.pgm:

c --- RES keyword
c     RES is in units of km; whole km only
      status = mccmddbl('RES',1,'Resolution',1.0D0,0.0D0, 9999.0D0,
     &                  res)
      if( status.lt.0 ) return

The "whole km only" comment would rule out half kilometer resolutions.

re:
> I tried the following commands.
>
> DSSERVE ADD GE/IMG AREA 3500 3510 TYP=IMAGE
> IMGREMAP GINIEAST/GE4KIR GE/IMG.5 PRO=LAMB 30 50 98 LAT=38 98 RES=1 MAG=2
>
> But it terminated with these errors.
>
> imgremap.k: Invalid LINE Magnification.
> imgremap.k: first MAG= argument is too big --> 2
> imgremap.k: Must be valid integer value within range -999 thru 1.

Yup, I was able to reproduce this in my Unidata McIDAS-X v2017 (not yet
released) version.  I view the error message being issued as being
a red herring/misleading since you did specify a valid value for MAG=.
I tried to find exactly where this error message was being generated,
but I was unable to do so with a reasonable search of the source code.

Sorry for the bad news...

Ticket ID: UZG-611620
Department: Support McIDAS