[McIDAS #WPD-667222]: Fwd: McIDAS 2017 install

Hi Greg,

re:
> I'm ready to begin setting up the ADDE service on our server for
> GOES-R.

Excellent!

re:
> Do you have particular advice about how I should do this so it is a
> suitable backup to what you've done?

The biggest thing(s) will be to create ADDE dataset definitions that match.
As I said in a previous note, the current set of dataset descriptors I
have defined are not meant for "prime time" since the descriptor names
themselves will mean very little to the end users.  I will be evolving
the descriptor names once we are receiving all of the products from
GOES-16, but in the meantime, it would be useful if you would use what
is setup currently and then change when the broadcast is no longer
in a test mode.

I am attaching the RESOLV.SRV file that I am currently using on
ingest.unidata.ucar.edu (RESOLV.SRV is the file that defines
the ADDE datasets availble).  RESOLV.SRV will need to be copied to
the MCDATA directory of your 'mcidas' user.  This is typically the
~mcidas/workdata directory.

One quick comment based on my own experience:

- 'mcadde' and 'mcidas' should be in the same group

- 'mcadde' needs to have read/write/execute permission in the
  'mcidas' MCDATA directory

- the firewall needs to be setup to allow inbound traffic on port
  112 for all of the machines/networks that you want to grant
  ADDE access

I will be out of the office all day today, so please don't be surprised
by slow responses to questions...

Ticket ID: WPD-667222
Department: Support McIDAS