[McIDAS #PMW-914693]: Comment: McIDAS-X Addendum v2009n / SSEC McIDAS v2013.1

Hi,

I apologize for how long it has taken for me to reply to your inquiry!

re:
> Soy estudiante de meteorologia avanzada y estoy por dictar una materia
> de meteorologia. Quisiera probar este programa para la visualizacion
> de modelos numericos, datos observacionales, imagenes satelitales para
> poder aplicarlo en un futuro en la enseanza de meteorologia sinoptica.
>
> Google Translate translation:
> I am a student of advanced meteorological and I to dictate a subject
> WEATHER. I would like to try this program for viewing
> numerical models, observational data, satellite imagery for
> it can be applied in the future in the teaching of synoptic meteorology.

First, I must inform you that we conduct all of our user support in
English.

Second, our license to distribute our version of McIDAS-X limits us to
distributing to university departments, not individuals.  Please ask
someone from your department to request access to Unidata McIDAS-X
on your behalf.  When we receive that request, we will send along the
conditions that the owners of McIDAS, the University of Wisconsin's
Space Science and Engineering Center (UW/SSEC), require us to impose
on non-U.S. education sites before they can get access to the
software.

I apologize for the extra effort that it will take on your and your
department's part to get access to Unidata McIDAS-X, but there is
nothing we can do because of the license restrictions that UW/SSEC
has imposed on us.

Ticket ID: PMW-914693
Department: Support McIDAS