[McIDAS #WDP-653349]: Modifying how wind barbs are plotted

Hi Kwan,

re:
> Thank you for your reply.  Yes, I referred to the surface wind barbs.

OK.

re:
> But what I am trying to do is to change the proportional between the length of
> the stem and the size of the head of the wind barbs.  So changing the LSIZE
> alone cannot let me lengthen the stem while keeping the size of the head
> the same.

That's correct.  The LSIZE setting in the SFCPLOT.(CORE|SITE|USER) and
RAOBPLOT.(CORE|SITE|USER) files, and the LSIZE= keyword for the
corresponding McIDAS applications scale all parts of a plotted wind
barb.

re:
> If this involve too much modifications of the code, then I will
> just abandon this attempt.

Since I have never looked for where one would do the kind of modification
that (I now understand) you want, I can't say how easy/hard this would
be.  However, I can say that the problem in actually modifying "core"
code in McIDAS would then require the same modification be applied each
time a new release was installed.  Since you are the only McIDAS-X user
that has ever asked about this, it would not be something that I would
consider to be important enough to adopt/implement in the Unidata McIDAS-X
distribution, so you would be on your own.

re:
> Thanks again,

No worries.

Ticket ID: WDP-653349