[McIDAS #CXQ-656116]: Pirep ADDE data server not working??

Hi Matthew,

re:
> I am contacting you regarding the status of the RTPTSRC/AIRCRAFT ADDE data
> set on
> ADDE.UCA895R.EDU  It appears that this dataset has not been updated or had
> data for
> sometime.

The DMMISC data monitor function of McIDAS-XCD had been turned off due to
repeated core dumps.  I just turned it back on and will keep an eye on
its performance.

re:
> Is there a better place to get this data or is there an error with this
> dataset?

We operate 4 motherlode class machines that are setup to host the same
ADDE datasets:

adde.ucar.edu
atm.ucar.edu
adde.ssec.wisc.edu
lead.unidata.ucar.edu

The DMMISC data monitor had been turned off on two of these machines,
adde.ucar.edu and adde.ssec.wisc.edu.  It was active on the other
two machines, but I have not checked to see if the dataset(s) you
are interested in are correctly updating.  It would be very useful
if you could check atm.ucar.edu and lead.unidata.ucar.edu to see
if they have the data you need.  it would also be very useful if
you could check adde.ucar.edu and adde.ssec.wisc.edu tomorrow to
see if they then have the data you need.

re:
> Thank you so much!

No worries.

By the way, there is no need to CC me (address@hidden) on