[McIDAS #TNE-169984]: Radar datasets on adde.ssec.wisc.edu

Hi Bob,

re:
> I believe that Unidata has control over the adde.ssec.wisc.edu server.

You are correct.

re:
> I found that the two datasets for radar data (NEXRALL, RTNEXRAD) don't
> seem to be working.  From the IDV, if I connect to either of these two
> datasets I get an error:
>
> > Error connecting to: adde.ssec.wisc.edu
> > No images meet the selection criteria
>
> I'm getting similar results in McIDAS-X:
>
> > *IMGDISP RTNEXRAD/DAA ID=MAX MAG=-2;MAP*
> > IMGDISP: No images meet the selection criteria
> > IMGDISP: done
> > IMGDISP failed, rc=2
>
> Both of these datasets pointing towards adde.ucar.edu work fine. Other
> non-radar datasets on adde.ssec.wisc.edu (RTIMAGES, RTPTSRC, ...) seem
> to work fine.
>
> If you think this is something that needs to be fixed on our end (at
> SSEC) please let me know.

I logged onto adde.ssec.wisc.edu right after seeing your inquiry.
I found that LDM FILEing of the NEXRAD Level III products was turned off,
AND, and this is strange, I was the one that turned it off!?  I turned
the FILEing back on, and I now see products in datasets like RTNEXRAD/DAA,
etc.  For example:

DATALOC ADD RTNEXRAD ADDE.SSEC.WISC.EDU
Group Name                    Server IP Address

--------------------         ----------------------------------------
RTNEXRAD                     ADDE.SSEC.WISC.EDU

<LOCAL-DATA> indicates that data will be accessed from the local data directory.
DATALOC -- done

IMGLIST RTNEXRAD/DAA ID=MAX
Image file directory listing for:RTNEXRAD/DAA
 Pos Satellite/         Date       Time      Center   Band(s)
     sensor                                 Lat  Lon
  47  RADAR         21 MAR 16081  22:24:44     MAX    17
IMGLIST: done

The NEXRALL dataset should also now have data since it is also populated
with NEXRAD Level III products.

Now all I have to do is remember why I commented out the FILEing of
the Level III products...

Ticket ID: TNE-169984
Department: Support McIDAS