[McIDAS #BBY-782534]: Fwd: McIDAS-X Software

Hi Jordanna,

re:
> I'm an adjunct instructor at CTU, and my address there is
> address@hidden.  I can re-initiate the request from that
> email address if you need.

Access to Unidata McIDAS-X/XCD is automatically granted to '.edu' users
** with the understanding/agreement by the users ** that their use of the
package is for educational and research purposes directly related to their
educational institution.  I assume that you will agree to this stipulation.
The other licensing condition is that no part of the McIDAS software can
be shared outside of the users' institutions as that would be a breach of
the package's copyright.

re:
> Please let me know if you need anything else.

Other than a statement by you that you/CTU will abide by the McIDAS
licensing restrictions that, in part, I noted above, all you will
need to do is:

- register with the Unidata website using your CTU email address

- after confirmation of registration, you should be granted access
  to Unidata McIDAS via the Unidata website

- Unidata McIDAS-X/XCD is supported on *nix (Unix/Linux) systems
  only

  While we do make the UW/SSEC release for Windows (Windows 7)
  available, none of the Unidata bug fixes/modifications/bug
  fixes have been applied, so some useful features will not be
  available.  Also, since we do not actively use the Windows
  distribution, our ability to support the package's use will
  be limited.

NB:

- I am in the process of putting the finishing touches on the
  Unidata McIDAS-X/XCD v2016 release

  The current version that is available for download, v2015,
  does not contain the latest modifications to the Himawari
  image server nor the initial cut at a GOES-R server.  If
  you are interested in using Unidata McIDAS for these kinds
  of capabilities, you are advised to wait until v2016 has
  been released.  Hopefully, this will be by the beginning of
  April (if not sooner).

Ticket ID: BBY-782534
Department: Support McIDAS