[McIDAS #BBY-782534]: Fwd: McIDAS-X Software

Hi Jordanna,

re:
> My name is Jordanna, and I'm a science instructor and meteorologist
> that likes to use a lot of weather data visualizations for my lectures
> both in the classroom and in the community.  I was wondering if it would
> be possible to get access to the McIDAS-X software to use for image
> rendering on my end.
>
> I look forward to hearing back from you!!

Our ability to grant access to Unidata McIDAS is limited by restrictions
in our license to distribute McIDAS placed on us by the package's owner,
the Space Science and Engineering Center at the University of Wisconsin
at Madison.  In particular, non-educational users (your email address,
address@hidden, does not identify you as a user at a U.S. university,
for instance) are not allowed to download Unidata McIDAS-X.  Instead, they
are required to get McIDAS-X directly from UW/SSEC, and this requires
becoming a member of the McIDAS User's Group (MUG), and this is not free.

Question:

- are you affiliated with a U.S. educational institution?

  If yes, please give details about this affiliation and provide
  your institutional email address.

Ticket ID: BBY-782534