[McIDAS #SKX-144523]: himawari data tranfers from open archive

Hi Nick,

re:
> Is there a command to get the Lat Lon of each Himawari pixel
> From Mcidas?

I don't know of a command that would list out the Lat,Lon values for
every pixel in an image (I will have to make sure that I am not forgetting
something).  The IMGPROBE command, however, does list out the location
information when probing a single pixel of an image (along with calibrated
values for that pixel).

The other possibility is to include the NAV= keyword in an IMGCOPY of the
source image to a new destination, and then to look at the Lat,Lon values
in the navigation block of the copied image.

re:
> Right now I am looking at decoding the nav block and working through
> All the project formulas which seems like a lot of work.

It strikes me that you should only need a small number of Lat,Lon pairs
in this investigation, so the simplest thing to do would be to use the
IMGPROBE command.

re:
> Thanks

No worries.