[McIDAS #HLZ-722478]: Problem displaying Himawari visible image

Hi Kwan,

re:
> I IMGLISTed an "original" Himawari visible image using v2015.  The
> information listed was complete indeed.

Very good.  Again, what is the format of the original Himawari image you
are accessing (e.g., AREA or native format), and where are you getting
the image?

re:
> So I cannot put off upgrading
> McIDAS anymore on the other machine since I am dealing with Himawari
> images.

So, where did you run v2015?

re:
> Sorry that I might have confused you earlier with this problem.

No worries.

re:
> About the incorrectly formatted images, is it possible for me to modify
> them (like what you did) so that they can be displayable?

Yes.  You can use the McIDAS LWU utility to replace the REFL value in
AREA header word 52 (zero-based) as follows:

LWU POKE AREA2005 BRIT 52 ASCII=YES

This assumes, of course that the image to be modified is stored in
AREA2005.  I also assumes that your McIDAS-X session knows where
AREA2005 is located (e.g., in a directory contained in your MCPATH
or via a file REDIRECTion), and that AREA2005 is writable.  Note
that this will not fix the IMGLIST problem that we talked about
previously (incorrect information for Band 3 Himawari images).
I did not investigate the problem enough to understand what
header value is incorrect in the AREA file you provided.  This
may or may not be important depending on what your intended use
of the images is, but I can say that if all you want to do is
display the image, then the LWU mod I gave above should be
sufficient.

re:
> Thanks again,

No worries.