[McIDAS #NUH-249602]: NEXRAD ADDE server ATM.UCAR.EDU not updating

Hi Russ,

re:
> Just an FYI RE this problem....
>
> I had another problem with ATM.UCAR.EDU a few days ago. At that time,
> ADDE transaction requests were "stalling" and finally timing out. I was
> in the process of switching over to ADDE.UCAR.EDU (which was working
> fine) when I noticed that ATM suddenly started to respond to requests. I
> assumed that someone at UNIDATA had noticed the problem and fixed it. I
> didn't send an inquiry because it seemed stable.

This would fit with something that happened over the weekend.  I first
noticed that ADDE was unresponsive, so I logged on and restarted the
ADDE interface (the motherlode-class machines run Solaris), but that
did not work either.  In investigating something else, Mike tried to
restart the LDM, but it would not shut down in the normal way.  After
doing some investigating, Mike noticed other things that led him to
reboot the machine.  After the reboot, everything seemed to be working
normally until about 0Z this morning.  Your observation that the
NEXRAD Level III composites were not updating alerted me to something
being amiss with the LDM, and I found that I had to delete and remake
the queue to get data flowing again (my previous note).   Some things
are still strange hence ongoing investigations.

re:
> Thanks and good luck with the ATM machine,

Thanks, nothing obvious has jumped out at me yet, so this may take
awhile.

Ticket ID: NUH-249602
Department: Support McIDAS