[McIDAS #EFX-757750]: Troubleshooting CentOS-6.1-64bit

Hi Kwan,

re:
> So I logged into root and saw a disk full message and when I did a df -h, I
> saw /dev/sda2 is nearly full but I could not find out exactly where it had
> taken up space.  I used du -s.
>
> address@hidden ~]# df -h
> Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> /dev/sda2        77G   73G     0 100% /
> tmpfs           937M  224K  937M   1% /dev/shm
> /dev/sda1       283M   53M  215M  20% /boot
> .host:/         920G  273G  648G  30% /mnt/hgfs

Ah Ha!

re:
> This may be the source of the problem.

Yes, I would say that this is the source of your problem.  When the root file
system ('/') fills, users are not able to write files (but 'root' is up to
a point).  This would definitely account for your desktop environment not
showing up!

re:
> I have filled up $MCDATA
> (/home/mcidas/workdata).  I am moving files from $MCDATA to /mnt/hgfs.  So
> now I have to realize that when running a script in VMware, files are saved
> in /dev/sda2.  I'd also better specify a full path to /mnt/hgfs when saving
> GIF files in McIDAS scripts.

Sounds good.  Let me know if freeing up space in '/' solves your problem.

Ticket ID: EFX-757750