[McIDAS #WZN-876254]: Windows 10 and McIDAS-X

Hi Kwan,

re:
> After days of testings and searching of the internet, I finally stopped
> this high disk usage madness that has been crippling my Windows 8.1.  What
> I did was to delete the 'Updates' directory in Windows\temp.  I am not sure
> if it is only a temporary fix.  But at least the disk drive can get a much
> needed rest now.

Interesting indeed.  Can you send the URL that prompted you to delete
the Updates directory?  I ask since there are at least a couple (and
maybe more) machines here in the UPC that run Windows 8.1, and they
may/may have already run into the problem caused by 'tiworker.exe'.

re:
> There seems to be a problem getting the automatic Windows
> 10 update into the system.  I am not sure if this is the cause of the whole
> problem.

Can you provide details on exactly what you mean by "problem getting the
automatic Windows 10 update into the system"?  When I upgraded my Windows 7
laptop, the process was that 2.8 GB of files were downloaded to a particular
directory, and then I was informed that upgrading could proceed.

Ticket ID: WZN-876254
Department: Support McIDAS