[McIDAS #WZN-876254]: Windows 10 and McIDAS-X

Hi Kwan,

re:
> I did try out a step or two of the posted mitigation procedures but the
> problem reappeared after a while.

Question:

- are you implying that the problem would go away and then return?

  If yes, has this been reported by anyone else?

re:
> So I abandoned it since last year and
> came back to it yesterday and tried to find a way to upgrade Windows 8.1.
> But there seemed to be a problem getting Windows 10 into this machine.

What are the symptoms?

re:
> For
> another Windows 8.1 machine that I have, I had gone through the upgrade
> process last year without a problem.

No one that I know has run into unsolvable problems when upgrading Windows 8.x
to Windows 10.  Again, what are the symptoms you are seeing?

re:
> So, I am thinking perhaps the
> excessive disk usage by 'tiworker.exe' was due to a problem Windows 8.1
> downloading and installing Windows 10.

Hmm... I did not see that possibility mentioned anywhere on the net.

re:
> The only thing different in the new
> laptop compared with the older one is that the new laptop has McAfee
> installed.  So I want to try uninstalling McAfee and try some more of the
> mitigation procedures later on if necessary.  Do you have any anti-virus
> software installed on your laptop?

I am using McAfee on my Windows 7 laptop, and the upgrade to Windows 10 went
smoothly ** except for Windows 10 not supporting my Bluetooth adapter, and
my inability to uninstall all of the Bluetooth stuff so that I could try
a solution proposed in a post I found via a Google search **.

Like I said in my previous email, I am going to make another run at upgrading
to Windows 10 after I uninstall all Bluetooth support in Windows 10 and then
replace the WiFi and Bluetooth cards with a combined Wifi+Bluetooth adapter
(which, by the way, will also give me 802.11 a/c support in addition to
b, g and n).

Ticket ID: WZN-876254
Department: Support McIDAS