[McIDAS #AHC-658709]: McIDAS 2015 build issue on Solaris 11.3/Studio 12.3

Hi Robert,

re:
> Yeah not really long-term is it..

Nope.

re:
> It is ZFS (and the stability) under Solaris that I pretty much don't
> want to live without. Not so sure how really operational "ZFS on Linux"
> is at this point...

We don't want to live without a file system that performs as well as
ZFS does under Solaris.  We are hopeful that ZFS will perform as well
under Linux, but we are not seeing that yet.

re:
> All I would ask is that you could give at least a 6 months heads
> up if you decide to end support..

This is reasonable.  In the past when support has been sunset for other
platforms, it was always at a future date _after_ the community was
informed about the decision arrived at here in Unidata and approved
by our governing committees.

Ticket ID: AHC-658709