[McIDAS #GSA-478310]: ingesting mcidas area files in awips

Hi Justin,

re:
> I have solicited help from the awips user list and can post a help ticket with
> awips support if you feel it should be directed there...

I would say that the first step is to let us do some investigations with
the AREA files you are creating to see if anything jumps out at us.

re: do the images display in McIDAS
> Yes, they display in both McIDAS and AWIPS (sometimes).

If they display in McIDAS, then I am led to believe that the problem is
on the AWISP-II side.

re: Can you make a couple of the AREA file images that don't work for you
available to us so we can run testing here?

> Sure, I would be happy to share the data files with you.

Very good.

re:
> It really applies to any/all files. They all display eventually in AWIPS,
> but I have to tweak them back and forth before they do.

Again, this sounds like something in AWISP-II, not McIDAS.

re:
> I am going to see if
> I have the same issue with other satellite data displaying in AWIPS such as
> MSG3.

OK.

re:
> I will send you a dropbox link with some test area files. Would you prefer I
> only
> send the remapped files or both imgcopy and imgremap files for review?

What we will really want is a set of AREA files that do _not_ work for you
in AWIPS-II.  In addition, providing a couple of images that _do_ work for
you in AWIPS-II would also be useful.

Ticket ID: GSA-478310