[McIDAS #ISR-476232]: Local Data Question

Hi Justin,

re: What do you mean by "view the visible spectrum"?

> I meant using IMGDISP to view the full visible spectrum available. The
> himawari website shows 3 bands make-up the true visible spectrum.
> http://www.data.jma.go.jp/mscweb/en/himawari89/space_segment/spsg_ahi.html

Thanks for the URL.  The comment in that page that jumps out at me matches
the intent of the email I sent you yesterday:

"Color images will be derived by compositing three visible channels (blue: 0.47
µm; green: 0.51 µm; red: 0.64 µm)."

re:
> So I could basically setup AREA0001 AREA0002 and AREA0003 and initiate the
> combine command to composite them?

Yes, but COMBINE needs one to load the three separate bands in three
McIDAS frames; it doesn't work directly from images in files.

I don't know enough about AWIPS (NOAA is now pushing for AWIPS-II to be
referenced as AWIPS...) is if it has RGB compositing functionality.  It
seems to me that if it doesn't have this now, it will at some point
in the future via a plugin.

re:
> I will take a look at the manual regarding the command details.

OK, sounds good.

re:
> Thank you again for all the quick responses, Tom.

Sorry I didn't get to this yesterday... a number of things came up
and the day evaporated on me.

Ticket ID: ISR-476232
Department: Support McIDAS