[McIDAS #ISR-476232]: Local Data Question

Hi Justin,

re:
> Sorry for another question, but I wasn't able to find this in the manual or
> maybe I just haven't seen an updated version.
>
> For Himawari data, the visible spectrum is made of bands 1-3 (blue, green,
> and red). Would I need to composite these in order to view the visible
> spectrum or how exactly would that work?

What do you mean by "view the visible spectrum"?

The typical thing that one does with visible channels in/near the red, green
and blue portions of the spectrum is composite the images into a
true/pseudo-color
image.  One can do this in McIDAS using the COMBINE command (after loading the
various bands into individual frames), or in the IDV when there is an ADDE
server that is serving all of the bands.

Ticket ID: ISR-476232