[McIDAS #ISR-476232]: Local Data Question

Hi Justin,

re:
> I don't believe I sourced the file, but that doesn't mean I never did
> awhile back.

OK, but...

re:
> This is what is contained in my bash_profile for sourcing under the user
> <awips>.
>
> # .bash_profile
>
> # Get the aliases and functions
> if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
> . ~/.bashrc
> fi
>
> MCHOME=/home/mcidas
> export MCHOME
> if [ -e $MCHOME/admin/user_env.sh ]; then
> . $MCHOME/admin/user_env.sh
> fi
>
> So it does appear to be sourced from what I can tell.

Yup, '. $MCHOME/admin/user_env.sh' sources the file as needed
assuming, of course, that /home/mcidas/admin/user_env.sh exists.

But, if this was always true, then I don't understand the error
message that you sent in a previous email:

REDIRECT: Unable to write to /home/mcidas/workdata/LWPATH.NAM
REDIRECT: Entry "" was not added

This would have suggested that /home/mcidas/admin/mcidas_env.sh
had been sourced, not /home/mcidas/admin/user_env.sh.

No need to respond if everything is working as desired now...

> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi Justin,
> >
> > re:
> > > My apologies for the jumbled question. I realized how incoherent it was
> > > "after" I sent it.
> >
> > It _is_ Monday after all for you AND me ;-)
> >
> > re:
> > > Yes, you did answer my question regarding IMGCOPY. Thank you.
> >
> > Very good.
> >
> > re:
> > > In regards to the sourced directory, yes the /home/awips/mcidas/data
> > > directory is there. As a matter of fact, you were the one that made it.
> > :-)
> >
> > Phew!  I don't remember doing that at all.
> >
> > But the question remains if you are sourcing the user_env.(sh|csh) file
> > to set the environment in which McIDAS commands are run when logged in
> > as 'awips'... is this what you are doing?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Tom
> > --
> >
> > ****************************************************************************
> > Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
> > Program
> > (303) 497-8642                                                 P.O. Box
> > 3000
> > address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
> > 80307

> > Unidata HomePage                       http://www.unidata.ucar.edu