[McIDAS #TDE-422663]: No surface data

Hi Heather,

re:
> Thank you for the script.  I modified it for my paths and it works when I run
> it as root
> with no problems.

Very good.  You will see in the script how 'root' will run the LDM invocations
as your LDM user.

re:
> But I don't understand how to add it to the chkconfig since the
> script requires a command line argument.  When I look online for this
> problem, people
> are suggesting putting the script in rc.local instead (which is what I had
> been testing
> with).  What should I do?

The following assumes that you are running a RedHat Enterprise OS 6 variant like
CentOS 6.x.  How this is done in RHEL 7/CentOS 7 is different, but I seem to
recall that you are running a v6 OS.

<as 'root>
cp ldmd /etc/init.d
chmod +x /etc/init.d/ldmd

chkconfig --add ldmd

Then check to see that 'ldmd' was added:

chkconfig --list | grep ldmd

Information on 'chkconfig' can be had from 'man chkconfig'.

re:
> Thank you!

No worries.

Ticket ID: TDE-422663