[McIDAS #TDE-422663]: No surface data

Hi Heather,

re:
> Thank you for getting back to me.  I realized what the issue was a bit after
> I emailed
> you.
> We had a power outage and our UPS failed.  I had recently added code for the
> LDM to
> start on boot.  When the systems were rebooted, the LDM started but user root
> started
> it, not user ldm.  Everything worked fine but the mcidas decoders for the MD
> data!  I
> restarted LDM as user ldm and everything is working fine now.

Very good, I'm glad that you are back up.

re:
> However, I have been working on getting the LDM to start as user ldm on boot,
> and
> nothing seems to be working for me!  I used a script of my own, and the one
> online with
> the ldm.  The scripts work either as root or as ldm, but do NOT work on boot
> as user
> root starting the LDM as user ldm!  I have tried using a plain shell script
> and using a
> python script.  Any suggestions?

I have attached the start-at-boot script that we run on our Linux machines for
you to check out.  Please remember that you will have to:

- edit the file to match your LDM setup

- copy the script to /etc/init.d

- add autostart of the script using 'chkconfig' as 'root'

- test the script to make sure that it works in your environment

  I mean become 'root' and run the script to make sure that it works
  in your environment.

Ticket ID: TDE-422663
Department: Support McIDAS