[McIDAS #TDE-422663]: No surface data

Hi Heather,

re:
> Since Friday at 2:15 EST we haven't been getting any MD data through
> our noaaport feed (no surface, synoptice, raob, etc).

Since you specifically mentioned MD, I need to ask if you checked to
see if your NOAAPort ingest system is getting and relaying data in the
IDS|DDPLUS datastream?   Here is how to check:

<as 'ldm' on your NOAAPort ingest machine>
notifyme -vl- -f "IDS|DDPLUS" -o 3600

If there is output, then the data is being ingested and the problem
is likely on the McIDAS XCD decoder side.  We can address that if/when
you find that you are, in fact, ingesting IDS|DDPLUS.

If there is output from 'notifyme' that indicates that IDS|DDPLUS
data is being ingested, then you need to do the same thing (meaning
run 'notifyme' as above) on the machine that is REQUESTing the data
and running the McIDAS XCD decoders.

If there is no output indicating that IDS|DDPLUS data is being received
on your NOAAPort ingest machine, then you should restart your LDM and
see if that clears the problme.

re:
> I haven't seen
> anyone else having a problem, and we haven't changed anything on our end.

We are receiving all of the NOAAPort SBN data on our NOAAPort ingest systems
and I know that LSU is receiving all of the data on their NOAAPort ingest
system, so there is no systematic problem.

re:
> Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

Not seeing updated MD files indicates one of the following:

- IDS|DDPLUS data is _not_ being ingested by your NOAAPort ingest system

- IDS|DDPLUS data is being ingested, but it is not being relayed to
  the downstream machine processing it into MD files

- IDS|DDPLUS data is being ingested and being relayed, but the downstream
  machine is not processing it correctly

  This situation would require some troubleshooting in McIDAS XCDland.

re:
> We have been getting all other data from noaaport with no problems,
> and our Unidata backup for surface data is fine.

OK, good since this means that you have not been dead in the water.

re:
> Thanks in advance for your help!

No worries.  Please let me know what you find wrt IDS|DDPLUS receipt
on your NOAAPort ingest machine.

Ticket ID: TDE-422663
Department: Support McIDAS