[McIDAS #VDS-909595]: McIDAS-X v2015 update - missing mcupdate.tar.gz file

Hi Andrew,

re:
> I went to perform the necessary update to UNIDATA McIDAS-X v2015 to support
> Himawari-8 satellite data.  At the download page, the mcupdate.tar.gz file I
> tried to download was empty.

The mcupdate.tar.gz file is empty since there have been on updates to
the Unidata McIDAS v2015 release yet.

re:
> Could you please provide me the mcupdate.tar.gz file ?

You shouldn't need an update to v2015.  The major enhancement in v2015
was the addition of support for Himawari imagery.

Question:

- have you tried using the v2015 build with your Himawari data?

  Or, were you assuming that the existence of the link in the downloads
  page meant that there was a need to update the distribution?

re:
> NOTE: Earlier I tried submitting a request using the request form but never
> received a msg indicating it was sent.  This might be a duplicate entry.

The From: address included in the request form is your address@hidden
address.  Emails we get from '.com' addresses are held in our support inbox
until a Unidata staff member moves them into our inquiry tracking system.
The reason we do this is that the _great_ majority of spam that we get
is from '.com' email addresses.

re:
> Thanks.

Please let me know when you have built Unidata McIDAS-X v2015 and have tested
it with your Himawari data.

Ticket ID: VDS-909595
Department: Support McIDAS