[Miscellaneous #UFF-250801]: GOES east & west geotiff files

Hi Derek and Frank,

I have implemented the conversion of Global IR composite images from the
UNIWISC (aka MCIDAS) IDD datastream as an LDM pattern-action file action,
and the first of the three-hourly images has been received and processed.

The GeoTiff images can be found in the ~ldm/data/geotiff directory
hierarchy stored by day.  Here is the image that was just received and
processed:

<as 'ldm' on ldm.engin.umich.edu>
cd ~ldm

ls -alt data/geotiff/GLOBAL/10.7um/20151002
total 2068
drwxrwxr-x 2 ldm ldm    4096 Oct  2 17:50 .
-rw-rw-r-- 1 ldm ldm 2106001 Oct  2 17:50 IRCOMP_20151002_2100.tif

Derek:

You should grab this image and make sure that it is what you want in
your public outreach display

Frank:

I will write-up all of the things I did on ldm.engin.umich.edu either
this weekend or on Monday.  One thing that I can tell you is that I
turned on decoding and filing in the ~ldm/data/gempak/images/sat
directory hierarchy.  I will need to revisit the setup to make sure that
all is well, but everything looks OK at the moment.

Ticket ID: UFF-250801