[McIDAS #SKX-144523]: himawari data tranfers from open archive

Hi Nick,

re:
> Thanks for the help.

No worries.

re:
> Here is an example image (its big so you might need to wait a while to see
> the full image â)
>
> Full Disk, Full Resolution (Pseudo) RGB Himawari-8 Image for 21 September
> 2015, Day 264
> http://meris.coas.oregonstate.edu/tmp/himawari/h8-2015-264-2330-GMT.png
> <http://meris.coas.oregonstate.edu/tmp/himawari/h8-2015-264-2330-GMT.png>

Very nice indeed!  And, yes, it does take some time to load :-)

re:
> My next step is to
>
> 1. panchromatic enhance channels 1,2,4 using channel 3
>
> 2. atmospherically correct the vis-ir channels
>
> let me know if you have any âpointersâ to any codes or people that have
> already done this.

I am sure that the folks in SSEC/CIMSS and CSU/CIRA do this kind of thing all
of the time.  They likely do it in a different context (e.g., in McIDAS itself),
but the goals and results should be similar.  Unfortunately, I do not have
any recipes for what you are going to do.  The SSEC Data Center folks should
be able to chime in at this point with some information.

re:
> i was just
> going to do some Rayleigh corrections to start so moslty the work is buidling
> the control files in
> an automated way to run the atm simulations.

I would be interested in learning exactly what you do if you are willing to
share.

re:
> thanks

No worries.