[McIDAS #RWF-297700]: McIDAS 2015 installation questions

Hi Gilbert,
re: McIDAS routine(s) core dumping

> What if I told you I have some bad memory on weather3? I just did a
> memtest, and bingo....some showed up. I emailed our vendor to
> resolve this. But I am guessing that is the issue...

Ah Ha!  This would explain why problems are being experienced on weather3
and not weather2!!

By the way, you never did get back to me with an an answer for how you
wanted McIDAS decoding/filing setup on weather2.  The issue is that
things are currently setup to retain a minimum of data files (images,
etc.).  This works, of course, but is not real useful for end-users
who want to load loops of 20 or more images.  I took the liberty to
change the setup to keep 6 decoded of each kind of POINT file, and this
seems to be working nicely.

NB: if you decide that you do want me to muck with the McIDAS data
saving setup, this will have to wait until next week as I will be
in Wyoming at a training event tomorrow and Friday...

> Gilbert

> Gilbert Sebenste                                                    ********
> Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NIU_Weather                            **
> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/niu.weather                           *