[McIDAS #HPG-806925]: Image segments

Hi Justin,

My apologies for not getting to your inquiry sooner!

re:
> I am currently working with MTSAT2 METEOSAT10 HRIT segments.
>
> Do you know how I would enter those into mcidas so they combine
> into a single image and display? Would I need to use IMGCOPY to
> combine them into 1?

The most straightforward way of compositing images is to:

- create a base image that provides the coverage you are looking
  for

  This will likely use IMGCOPY, and, depending on the region and
  projection in question, may require you to gain some knowledge
  of how to manipulate values in a McIDAS AREA file header to
  indicate that the image size and coverage is larger than what
  you are originally starting with.

- remap the images into the composite template using the IMGREMAP
  command

re:
> I believe the METEOSAT segments have an epilogue and prologue as well.

I am not sure that this has any bearing on the issue at hand.

Questions:

- are you able to display the image pieces in McIDAS-X currently?

- what is your desired coverage and projection?

Ticket ID: HPG-806925