[McIDAS #FCI-632826]: Looking for McIDAS-xrd from ssec.wisc.edu

Hi Bob,

First, we drove your email to Mike into our inquiry tracking system...

re:
> I see Unidata is a member of McIDAS Users' Group (MUG)
>
> https://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/support/mug.html

Yup.

re:
> I'm looking for a copy of mcidas-xrd and it appears you need to be a group
> member to access the below links.

What exactly are you looking for in the mcidas-xrd portion of the SSEC
McIDAS-X distribution?

The reason I ask is that the Unidata distribution of McIDAS-X contains several
XRD routines (ones that I have worked over to remove bugs), but not all.

re:
> https://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/software/x/fas/2014.1unix/mcidas2014.1.sh
> https://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/software/x/fas/2014.1unix/mcidas2014.1.tar.Z
>
> I was wondering if you have a copy of the above or could download a copy
> for us.

We can make the SSEC v2014.1 version of McIDAS-X available to you, but it
might be preferable for you to use the Unidata McIDAS-X distribution as
it has a number of bug fixes and enhancements to the SSEC distribution.

re:
> Tim is working with NOAA trying to build lab cases. Some the the data
> needs McIDAS processing.

Can you describe what kind of McIDAS processing is needed?

re:
> NOAA is using the above version. Tim is using
> UniData's version. We are not getting the same results. So we want to
> try the above.  Doubt it's the problem but will try it anyway.

What routine(s) are showing differences between the SSEC and Unidata McIDAS-X
distributions?

re:
> If you have it, could drop the files on our ftp site and let me know
> the names
>
> ftp ftp.comet.ucar.edu
> user ftp
> bin
> cd upload
> put testfile

I can, but I would like to understand the difference(s) you have found so
that it/they can be rectified.

Ticket ID: FCI-632826