[Staging #CCM-472749]: Re: 20150522: TDWR Level III data from NOAA NEXRAD Operational Support Facility in McX and McV

Hi Bob,

re:
> Thanks for the clarification.  I got confused on whose court this was in
> after Bob R mentioned that he wasn't seeing valid IMGPROBE values with
> the TV0 data using SSEC McIDAS, but it was working for you with Unidata
> McIDAS, so that's why I jumped in on the conversation.

Yup, that is what I figured; I would have done the same thing.

re:
> I'll hold off on
> looking any further into this until I hear back about things working for
> Joleen and Bob R on the rci.ssec.wisc.edu server.

OK.  Jim said that he put in a request to TC to configure the ADDE
remote server setup on rci to use his early SSEC McIDAS-X v2015.1
distribution that he updated with the NEXRAD Level III/TDWR server
code modes that I gave him last week.  I just checked the status
of this by displaying and interrogating one of the TR0 files:

DATALOC ADD RCI rci.ssec.wisc.edu
LOGON  GOPS  9999

IMGDISP RCI/NCDCR ID=DEN STA=DEN EU=WSR-BREF REFRESH='EG;MAP H;BAR'
Beginning Image Data transfer, bytes= 1131724
IMGDISP: loaded frame  1
EG;MAP H;BAR
IMGDISP: done
Erased graphic frame(s) 1-1
EU: Restoring WSR-BREF.ET to frame(s)= 1
EU: Done
MAP: Completed frame 1
Done

     Image Name       ID       Day      Nominal Time   Scan Time    Band
  ----------------    ---    -------    ------------   ---------    ----
  RCI/NCDCR           DEN 20 May 14140   22:34:35      MISSING        1

                        File     Nominal  Image     RAW         BRIT
ECHO        VIP
       Lat/Lon      Line/Element  Line/Element                              DBZ
 39:43:17 / 104:29:09  598/  616     599/  617            166         166
 50.0           4

IMGDISP RCI/NCDCV ID=DEN STA=DEN EU=WSR-BVEL REFRESH='EG;MAP H;BAR'
Beginning Image Data transfer, bytes= 1131724
IMGDISP: loaded frame  2

EG;MAP H;BAR
IMGDISP: done
Erased graphic frame(s) 2-2
MAP: Completed frame 2
EU: Restoring WSR-BVEL.ET to frame(s)= 2
EU: Done
Done

     Image Name       ID       Day      Nominal Time   Scan Time    Band
  ----------------    ---    -------    ------------   ---------    ----
  RCI/NCDCV           DEN 20 May 14140   22:34:35      MISSING        9

                        File     Nominal  Image     RAW         BRIT        VEL
       Lat/Lon      Line/Element  Line/Element                              KT
 39:49:59 / 104:34:06  515/  569     516/  570            122         122
   -6

IMGPROBE: Done

Looks like TC made the switch to use of SSEC v2015.1 and that things are now
working
in the same way as they are for me in Unidata McIDAS-X.

NB: access to a TS0 file (RCI/NCDCS) shows an unexpected error:

IMGDISP RCI/NCDCS ID=DEN STA=DEN EU=WSR-BREF REFRESH='EG;MAP H;BAR'
IMGDISP: done
IMGDISP failed, RC=2

As I noted in one of the emails I sent yesterday (Jim may have been the only
recipient of that email), I was never given an example TS0 file to test.
If Jim or you could put one or more out in anonymous FTP, I will grab
it/them and test here.

re:
> Thanks again!

No worries.  Thanks for hanging in there!

Ticket ID: CCM-472749