[Staging #CCM-472749]: Re: 20150522: TDWR Level III data from NOAA NEXRAD Operational Support Facility in McX and McV

Hi Bob, et. al,

Bob Rabin wrote:
> One problem I did note: there appears to be no calibration with the
> velocity data (the "D" commands returns RAW=0, no BRIT of calibrated
> values). This seems to be the case with both the McIDAS-X 2013.1 and
> 2015.1 versions.

I just got a chance to test interrogation of the TV0 file that Barry
provided at the beginning of this thread, and I do not see the
problem you are referring to.  For instance, here is the output from
the McIDAS 'D' command over locations that indicate positive and
negative velocities:

     Image Name       ID       Day      Nominal Time   Scan Time    Band
  ----------------    ---    -------    ------------   ---------    ----
  RABIN/TV0           DEN 20 May 14140   22:29:27      MISSING        9

                        File     Nominal  Image     RAW         BRIT        VEL
       Lat/Lon      Line/Element  Line/Element                              KT
 39:36:29 / 104:24:51  688/  663     689/  664            182         182
   51

IMGPROBE: Done

     Image Name       ID       Day      Nominal Time   Scan Time    Band
  ----------------    ---    -------    ------------   ---------    ----
  RABIN/TV0           DEN 20 May 14140   22:29:27      MISSING        9

                        File     Nominal  Image     RAW         BRIT        VEL
       Lat/Lon      Line/Element  Line/Element                              KT
 39:44:25 / 104:31:34  590/  599     591/  600             93          93
  -34

IMGPROBE: Done

In order to troubleshoot the problem you are experiencing, I will need
some TDWR TV0 files that exhibit the problem.  Can you send me a couple of
files for testing?  TIA...

Ticket ID: CCM-472749