[McIDAS #UQE-647398]: Header GOES-13

Hi Miguel,

re:
> Good Morning, I need ingest images GOES-13 in GEMPAK cannel
> 1,2,3,4 and 6. For this I need the Binary Header GOES-13, this file
> header is intended to be identical to the navigation & AREA header used
> by the McIDAS format.

OK.

re:
> I don't have any GOES-13 imagery in AREA format, only in binary data.

Just so we are clear: AREA files are also in binary format.

re:
> Please, Can you do the extraction for me and send me the binary file?

I have attached the header from an IR image that I created in AREA file
format from my CentOS Linux development machine to this email.

re:
> Do you know other way for ingest images GOES-13 binary file in GEMPAK?.

We use McIDAS-X to copy (IMGCOPY) images from our SSEC Satellite Data
Ingest (SDI) platforms to AREA files on client machines.  These images
are then usable by McIDAS-X, McIDAS-V, IDV and GEMPAK (and other packages).
In fact, this is exactly how I created the AREA file with a GOES-East
full disk IR (10.7 um) image that I then extracted the header from
and included as file AREA3002 that I have attached to this email.

re:
> Thank you again for your support and assistance.

No worries.

Ticket ID: UQE-647398