[McIDAS #RTI-611076]: downloads link broken?

Hi Suvarchal,

re:
> No worries, i did download from SSEC page, i guess both are same?

?? Downloading McIDAS-X from SSEC should require that you/your organization
is a member in good standing of the McIDAS User's Group (MUG) in the Space
Science and Engineering Center (SSEC) of UW Madison.  Since MUG membership
is not free, it is highly unusual that you would be a member.  Perhaps
you downloaded McIDAS-V instead of McIDAS-X from SSEC?  McIDAS-V is a
derivative of the IDV, and it is freely available.

re:
> you are so right, neither was i on .edu on unidata nor did i have
> affiliation lined to university. just replicated the error again after
> updating the affiliation. haven’t changed email.

I examined our user database and found what I think is your registration
under the email address address@hidden.  Please let me know
if this is, in fact, you.

In order to not force you to redo your registration with the Unidata
website (meaning change the email address under which you are subscribed),
I added you (address@hidden) to the list of non-'.edu' users
that are allowed access to Unidata McIDAS-X.  If you login to our site
you should now be granted access to the McIDAS-X distribution.

Ticket ID: RTI-611076
Department: Support McIDAS