[McIDAS #GXL-741119]: Re: McIDAS #JTG-722928

Hi Justin,

re:
> I was looking to use the mcidas-x bridge to have more access to the
> projection, but MCLISTEN will not start. It says the port is already being
> used.

MCLISTEN is a bridge that allows McIDAS-V sessions to contact an active
McIDAS-X session and have it do McIDAS-X things.  The connection does not
work in the other direction (meaning that McIDAS-X can not contact a running
McIDAS-V session and get it to do things like remap projections on the
fly).  MCLISTEN was created to help ease user's transition from McIDAS-X
to McIDAS-V.

re:
> Any suggestions?

Are you using McIDAS-V?  If not, you don't need MCLISTEN.

To answer your question, I believe that MCLISTEN listens on port 8080.
This means that the port needs to be open (not blocked by a firewall),
and nothing else can be listening on it.  Changing the port to listen on
is provided by the PORT= keyword on MCLISTEN.  The same requirements
exist for the alternate, user-specified port as exist for the default
port.

Ticket ID: GXL-741119
Department: Support McIDAS