[McIDAS #GXL-741119]: Re: McIDAS #JTG-722928

Hi Justin,

re:
> A few questions regarding commands.
>
> I did a walk-thru with the workshop tutorial and have a bit of a feel
> for the commands, but I did run into some confusion.

Please remember the in-application HELP and User's Guide resources for
additional information.  For instance:

HELP IMGDISP

re:
> If I want to display a look of 10 frames with consecutive images displayed
> in sequential order, would I use this command
>
> IMGDISP PUB/MTGLOB04I2.1 LATLON=14 -128 MAG=2 REPEAT=9
>
> OR
>
> IMGDISP PUB/MTGLOB04I2.1 LATLON=14 -128 MAG=2 SEQ=1 10
>
> OR
>
> Is there another method that would make this loop better defined for
> what I am trying to accomplish?

I would use:

IMGDISP PUB/MTGLOB04I2 1 ALL=1 10 LATLON=14 -128 MAG=2 SF=YES REFRESH='EG
GRA=(GRA);MAP FILE=OUTVHPOL GRA=(GRA)'

This will display the 10 most current images in the PUB/MTGLOB04I2 dataset in
frames
1 through 10; centered on 14N, 128E; blown up by a factor of 2; flip to the
frame
being drawn to; erase any graphics in each frame (e.g., if the frame had any
graphics
drawn previously and not already erased); and display a high resolution, global
map
background on top of each frame.

I added some new ideas just to demonstrate that one can do more in a single
execution.

re:
> Next question is the scheduler.
>
> Once I have a loop defined, how would I incorporate that into
> the scheduler?

Create an appropriate scheduler entry AND turn the scheduler on.  The
relevant commands are SKE (SKeduler Edit) and SKU (Skeduler Utility).

re:
> I opened the "scheduler entries" menu and typed
> in configure/scheduler, but the command did not seem to do invoke
> anything. Am I supposed to do this somewhere else?

By default the scheduler is off.  This allows one to enter a number of
new entries and not have them kick off until ready.  It also allows one
to turn off all scheduler-run processes easily.

Ticket ID: GXL-741119